John received his Bachelor of Science in Engineering Management from Missouri University of Science and Technology (MS&T) with a Mechanical Engineering emphasis.
- Almost 20 years of experience in manufacturing related engineering
- Direct manufacturing experience from front line supervision to plant engineering
- Experience with working in direct support of manufacturing for various engineering/design firms
- 10+ years of Engineering experience in the food and beverage industry
- Principal Project Manager at EPIC Systems, Inc. since 2011
- Process Design
- Sanitary Design
- Project Management with sample projects including:
- Construction of a liquids processing facility
- Modular pipe bridge construction that was 60+ feet
- On-site modifications to processing lines while plants were in service
- A six module chemical process project with four interconnecting pipe bridges
- Manufacturing Operations Supervision
- Food Plant Design and Operations
Most Challenging Modular Process Project
Multiple Chemical Processes Across 6 Different Modules, with Four Interconnecting Pipe Bridges
“Aside from the inherent complexities with a six module system, the biggest challenge arose during construction when the customer’s needs increased,” Stork began. “EPIC quickly reacted to adapt and modify the design to expand the capabilities of the system. In most cases, the modifications were made within the framework of the original design. Hard work, dedication and knowledge of the project team were significant achievements while overcoming these challenges and delivering a successful system to the client,” explained Stork
John appreciates challenging projects that allow him to grow professionally. He believes that being surrounded with people who you respect and appreciate leads to a healthy work environment and high project success rates. “EPIC is a tremendous organization in that regard. I have never worked for a better owner, with better people, or on projects as rewarding as the work I have done in my time with EPIC,” said Stork.
John enjoys coaching youth baseball, volunteering and spending time with his family. Traveling and outdoor activities such as golfing, SCUBA diving, camping, canoeing and hiking are among John’s favorite hobbies.