Paul Kirksey received his American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspector/Certified Welding Supervisor from Hobart Institute of Welding Technology.
- AWS CWI
- AWS CWS
- OSHA 30 Hour General Industry
Past work experience
- Almost two years as Quality Assurance and Environmental Health & Safety experience at EPIC Systems, Inc.
- Procter & Gamble
- St. Louis Plant Site CWI
- Business Leader
- Process Engineering
- Advanced Mechanical Technical Leader
- Master Craftsmen at Nooter Fabrication, Inc.
- QA/QC, EH&S, Manufacturing, ASME, NBIC, Pressure Vessels, Piping, Automation, Engineering, Process Engineering, Project Management, Change management, Customer Service.
- Welding processes that include GTAW, GTAW Orbital, GMAW, GMAW RMD and RMD/PP, FCAW, SMAW
- Blueprint/P&ID/Isometric Dwg. reading and documentation skills to include pressure testing, NDE, weld mapping, and weld logs, welding inspection reports.
- ASME Section II, V, VIII Div 1, IX, B31.3, BPE, NBIC, AWS D1.1, D1.6, API 1104 Codes
- AWS Certified Welding Supervisor
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector
- AWS Member since 2005. Frequently attend Fabtech Weld show and Pack Expo.
- Non Destructive Examination
- OSHA 30 Hour Trained in General Industry.
- CPR, First Aid, and AED.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Deltek, SAP.
- Manufacturing and machining
How does Kirksey bring value to EPIC?
“I strive to be better at what we do, and I believe in creating a culture in doing things for the right reasons and not just going through the motions,” said Kirksey.
Paul comes from a safety enriched culture, along with 25+ years of welding and metal fabrication experience. He has experience in support for the design and fabrication stages of a project
“I work to consistently improve and be the best at what I do,” said Kirksey. “I enjoy learning new skills and implementing processes to ensure people go home the same way they came to work. I also strive to be better by implementing process that guarantees our projects ship at a high level of quality assurance.”
Paul enjoys waterfowl and upland bird hunting. He also likes running, playing racquetball and watching and playing ice hockey.
Most People Do Not Know
“I am a part owner of a Tier II Junior “B” Hockey franchise that plays in the Minnesota Junior Hockey League,” said Kirksey.
Kirksey’s Favorite Quote
“Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play…” –Mike Singletary