Process & Mechanical Group
Ken Sipes received his Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.
- Passed the FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) exam at college graduation
- Procter & Gamble Process Safety Training
- OSHA 30-HR
- ASME B31.3 Process Piping Code Training
- Miscellaneous project management training
- Miscellaneous technical training
- Past job experience
- 5+ years of heavy industrial and chemical piping construction management.
- 6+ years of process engineering and project management at EPIC Systems
- 2010 EPIC Way Award
Specific experience in
- Process, chemical and mechanical engineering
- ASME Pressure Vessel and Piping Code
- NFPA Code
- Industrial and sanitary piping design
- Project estimating
- Project scheduling
- Project and construction management
How does Sipes bring value to EPIC?
Sipes is an experienced project and construction manager in the chemical, petrochemical and sanitary industries. He has a strong leadership background with a wide range of key general construction and subcontractor relationships. A talented physical designer, Sipes is responsible for mentoring EPIC’s Project Managers, Engineers and Designers. He leads EPIC’s Process & Mechanical Group efforts with a calm approach to challenging project specifications.
“I enjoy mentoring young project managers, designers and engineers,” explains Sipes. “I am motivated by researching difficult technical challenges to implement creative solutions and I’m proud of EPIC’s continuous improvement efforts,” Sipes said.
Outside of work, Ken spends most of his time with his wife, Erica, and children, Ella (2 yr) and Everett (6 months). He is driven to constantly challenge and improve his health and fitness. “In the past 5 years, I have competed in a number of marathons, triathlons and long cycling trips. Recently I’ve taken on off-road trail running and a four-day week Crossfit training schedule,” said Sipes.
- Ironman 140.6 Finisher
- Ironman 70.3 World Championship Qualifier
- Boston Marathon Qualifying Time
- Super Spartan Off Road Obstacle Race Finisher