About the job
Are you a driven and passionate Design Manager? Are you looking to join an exciting and growing company? At EPIC you will work with a variety of clients and projects from conception to completion. You will guide those around you to perform at their best. If you are ready for a challenging career that allows you to grow, both personally and professionally, apply now!
Duties, Knowledge and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction to a multi-discipline design team such as modular, piping, and electrical designers.
- Provide mentorship and training to design team and other personnel.
- Oversee the development of EPIC’s design standards and specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring design team’s deliverables meet quality expectations, schedules and project/company budgets.
- Firm understanding of structural design / detailing, piping design, electrical design, and modular design techniques, their deliverables, associated effort hour metrics, change control and progress measurement tools.
- Assist commercial team as needed with project proposals, estimating, participating in sales calls, etc.
- Responsible for resource planning, project forecasting, other resource reporting as needed.
- Accountable for leadership of design team, such as participation in performance discussions, hiring and/or terminations, maintaining relationships with temporary resources, etc.
- Participate in business discussions as a technical and strategic team member. Maintain good working relationships with internal and external contacts, including productive collaboration other departments.
- Perform project design tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate degree in Computer Aided Design or Bachelors in Engineering preferred; equivalent experience will be considered.
- 15+ years’ experience in the food beverage/consumer product/ chemical markets including ASME, BPE, ANSI, PED, cGMP codes and standards.
- Prior leadership experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrated experience in leading the design on a variety of project sizes and execution approach (i.e. modular vs field constructed).
- Advanced working knowledge of AutoCAD, CADWorx, Navisworks, 3D scanning.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Electrical, detailed electrical design and associated codes (NEC, NFPA, etc.) is a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment on fast-track projects.
- In addition to the EPIC Values, candidate must demonstrate the following behaviors / attitudes:
- Self starter
- Intellectually curious
- Good listener
- Hate to lose
- Sense of urgency
- Quick learner
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Must have the ability to collaborate and participate in team environments.
- This is a partially billable role.
- Must have the ability to travel up to 25%. Must have a valid drivers license and insurance.
At EPIC, our belief in our employees as our greatest asset is personified in the benefits we offer to our eligible employees and their families. We want you to have the peace of mind to focus on the things that you are most passionate about, both in and out of the office, with the assurance that you and your family are protected. Your future personal and financial health is just as important to us as it is to you. A snapshot of our benefits include:
- A company culture that respects individuality and diversity in a business casual setting.
- A highly competitive salary to attract and retain talent, based on level of experience as well as function and responsibility in the position.
- Comprehensive and affordable benefits including medical/dental/vision plan options and voluntary spending accounts for medical reimbursements on eligible purchases.
- Life Insurance/AD&D/STD/LTD premiums paid for the employee by the employer as well as a comprehensive EAP program you and your family can utilize.
- Immediate participation and vesting of the company match in the 401k.