About the job
We are looking for an accomplished Engineering Manager that will work with a variety of clients and technologies in a fast-paced and growing company as you manage the day-to-day operations of the Machine Vision Team. You will lead both the team and projects as we develop all aspects of vision and robotics systems from concept to development to installation. This position reports to the Director of Engineering – Machine Vision and Robotics.
Duties, Knowledge and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed departmental objectives, e.g., customer satisfaction, on-time delivery, employee engagement, financial.
- Management of the Machine Vision teams, including personnel management, resource scheduling, accountability, mentoring, process and tool development and documentation, etc. in order to accomplish departmental and company objectives.
- Active project management of Machine Vision and Robotics projects to ensure teams maintain schedules, meet milestones, and deliver successfully for EPIC and our clients.
- Monthly analysis and reporting of year-to-date actuals versus metric targets to help identify opportunities for improvement and increased success.
- Assist Director of Engineering with annual planning and daily execution of strategies for business group.
- Assist the commercial team as needed.
- Collaborate with clients, including many Fortune 500 companies.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- BS degree in a relevant Engineering discipline, e.g., Electrical, Computer, Software, or Robotics
- 5-15 years of manufacturing and industrial controls experience
- 3-5 years of proven leadership and management experience
- 3-5 years project management experience – project and resource schedules, client and supplier relations
- Effectively prioritize workload to ensure deliverables are met for multiple projects simultaneously with varying scope
- Experience in Electrical engineering, electrical design, design supervision and approval
- Knowledge of electrical power systems and I/O schematics (primarily low voltage control systems)
- Experience in at least one of the following factory automation disciplines: Industrial controls and control system design experience with factory automation technologies including PLCs and HMI, robotics, machine vision or motion control i.e.- Automation, integration system design and estimating
- Experience working with industrial clients a must
- Software development experience a plus
- Experience in programming one or more of the following, microcontrollers, robotics, mechatronics, machine learning, imaging technology
- Image processing experience and algorithm development and image system code development (a plus)
- Robust interpersonal & communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong business acumen
- Capable of making complex decisions that drive business performance
- Ability to properly balance cost, schedule and quality of the delivered project
- Equally respectful of others, regardless of their position
- Prior hands-on electrical, mechanical and troubleshooting skills and ability to train and mentor others
- Project communications including: meeting documentation for clients, vendors & managers; trip & project time reporting
- In addition to the EPIC Values, candidate must demonstrate the following behaviors / attitudes:
- Intellectually curious
- Good listener/Strong communication skills
- Hate to lose
- Sense of urgency
- Quick learner
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to travel domestically up to 30%
At EPIC, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and this is personified in the benefits we offer. EPIC’s benefit package includes:
- Comprehensive and affordable health benefits including a medical/dental/vision coverage plan and a voluntary spending account for medical reimbursements on eligible purchases.
- Company-paid Life Insurance/AD&D/STD/LTD coverage plus a comprehensive EAP program.
- Immediate participation and vesting in a company-match 401k plan.
- A company culture that respects individuality and diversity in a business casual setting.
- A competitive salary structure to attract and retain the best people.